Thursday, March 28, 2013

Justin Bieber: Gets Into A Fight With Neighbor


Singer accused of threatening and spitting on neighbor outside his California home after argument about noise levels
Justin Bieber
'I’m young and I make mistakes. That’s part of growing up' … Justin Bieber. Photograph: Jordan Strauss/AP
Justin Bieber is under investigation by Los Angeles detectives after allegedly threatening and spitting at one of his neighbours. According to sources close to the singer, Bieber's neighbours are upset about parties that occurred at his home while the singer was away on tour.
The row took place on Tuesday morning, just hours after Bieber flew home from a gig in Lodz, Poland. Around 9am, deputies from the LA county sheriff's office were called to the city's Calabasas area, where the 19-year-old has a house. His neighbour claims he got into an argument with Bieber in the street in front of their homes, on Prado Del Grandioso. "[He] has complained Mr Bieber spit [sic] on him and made some threats," sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore told the LA Times. "Mr Bieber's people say that it did not happen. Obviously, our detectives will determine what happened and take appropriate action."
Although the argument didn't escalate into direct physical violence, spitting qualifies as a misdemeanor battery charge under California law. Bieber's security detail was present at the time, Reuters reported, and may have coloured the proceedings.
According to various unnamed sources, Bieber's neighbour was more upset with his friends. Even when the singer is out of town, Reuters reported, there are parties at his house. Bieber's Ferrari has also been seen around the neighbourhood, allegedly disturbing residents; despite a contrary claim by TMZ, police suggested Bieber may not have been the one behind the wheel.
This year has been marked by a string of minor controversies for the singer, ranging from shirtlessness to lateness to an on stage collapse. While he was in London this month, the singer had to be restrained by his bouncers when he threw himself at a paparazzo. But none of these are Bieber's first brushes with the law. The singer has repeatedly been cited for speeding, and he was accused in May 2012 of kicking and punching a paparazzo. Those charges were eventually dropped.
In a new interview with US Weekly, the singer has complained about being misrepresented in the media.
"The biggest misconception about me is that I'm a bad person. I get upset about that," he told the magazine.
"I have a big heart," he added. "I want to be a good role model, but some people want me to fail. I'm young and I make mistakes. That's part of growing up.
"I know who I am and I'm not gonna let negativity towards me bring me down. I'm a positive person and I plan on staying that way."

No comments:

Post a Comment